History of The Club
The Sailfish Club of Florida began in the early 1900’s and is the story of the rise of a great club from a dream that came to a small group of men.
That dream became reality and the Sailfish Club of Florida was organized on the 28th day of February, 1914 in Palm Beach, Florida with its first President, John D. Crimmins (see photo). It is the oldest continuously operating private club in the town of Palm Beach.
Club meetings and gatherings were maintained at the Breakers Casino in Palm Beach until January 1932. At that time, the Members, wanting more privacy and their own docks, built a beautiful clubhouse and dock on the property where the Club sits today, in a most choice location along Lake Worth in the north end of Palm Beach. The Club has survived two World Wars and other national emergencies including the great Depression of the 1930's which saw the demise of many clubs nationwide as a result of financial hardship.